Galas - Which one's are right for me?
Whether you swim for fun or are competitive and want to get to county, regional, national or Olympic level, Wilmslow Scorpions now support 17 galas covering all abilities and ambitions.
Included in your membership are 2 club galas:
We are in 2 swimming leagues. Entrance to these are by invitation only. Be proud to support the club if you receive an invite:
- Intertown galas, various locations, - throughout the year
- Peaks and plains galas, Crewe - February, April, May
Non-licensed galas allow novice swimmers to get gala experience:
- Sputniks galas rounds 1, Macclesfield - February
- Sputniks galas rounds 2, Macclesfield - March
- Sputniks galas rounds 3, Macclesfield - April
- Sputniks galas rounds 4, Macclesfield - May
- Tadpole gala 1, Stockport - September
- Tadpole gala 2, Stockport - October
Licensed meets. Times gained in a licensed meet become official times recognised by Swim England. These times can be used for entry to the county championships. You can also see where you rank in the club, in Cheshire, regionally or nationally here Swim England Individual Ranking.
For those new to competitive swimming and the terminology, read the following guide here Did You Know........?
A list of licensed meets are:
- Cheshire County Championships, Macclesfield - January, February
- Liverpool Splash and Dash, Liverpool - February
- Satellite Spring Meet, Macclesfield – March
- Stockport Metro Qualifying Window Meet, Stockport - March
- Swim England North West (SENW) Summer Regional Championships, Manchester and Liverpool - March, April, May
- Quad Club Championships, Macclesfield – June
- Robin Hood Open Meet, Sheffield – September
- North Mids Championships, Macclesfield – October
- Cheshire Graded Meet, Macclesfield – November
- Satellites Last Chance Qualifier, Macclesfield – December
- Winsford Christmas Meet, Winsford – December
- More may be announced as the year progresses…..
Details of the galas are on Wilmslow Scorpions website's competition pages.